dCS Vivaldi DAC
- TypeDigital-to-Analogue Converter.
- ColourSilver or Black.
- Dimensions444mm/17.5” x 435mm/17.2” x 151mm/6.0” high. Allow extra depth for cable connectors. Allow space for air flow around the unit.
- Converter TypedCS proprietary Ring DAC™ topology, with a choice of 3MHz or 6MHz operation.
- Analogue OutputsOutput Levels: 0.2V, 0.6V, 2V or 6V rms on all outputs for a full-scale input, set in the menu.
Balanced Outputs: 1 stereo pair on 2x 3-pin male XLR connectors (pin 2 = hot, pin 3 = cold). These outputs are electronically balanced and floating, the signal balance ratio at 1kHz is better than 40dB, Output impedance is 3Ω, maximum load is 600Ω (a 10kΩ-100kΩ load is recommended).
Unbalanced Outputs: 1 stereo pair on 2x RCA Phono connectors. Output impedance is 52Ω, maximum load is 600Ω (a 10kΩ-100kΩ load is recommended).
- Digital InputsUSB 2.0 interface on a type B connector. Operates in asynchronous mode, will accept PCM data up to 24 bits at 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384 kS/s and DoP (DSD/64 or DSD/128 over PCM) in USB Audio Class 2 mode, can operate in Class 1.
4x AES/EBU on 3-pin female XLR connectors. Each will accept up to 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kS/s & DoP/64 OR 2x Dual AES pairs at 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384kS/s & DoP/64, DoP/128 plus dCS encrypted DSD.
3x SPDIF on 2x RCA Phono and 1x BNC connectors. Each will accept up to 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kS/s & DoP.
1x SPDIF optical on a Toslink connector, will accept up to 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2 & 96kS/s.
1x SDIF-2 interface on 2x BNC connectors, will accept up to 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2 & 96kS/s or SDIF-2 DSD (auto-selected). This interface requires a compatible Word Clock input, locked to the data rate.
- Wordclock I/O3x Word Clock inputs on 3x BNC connectors, accept standard Word Clock at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 or 192kHz. The data rate can be the same as the clock rate or an exact multiple (0.25x, 0.5x, 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x) of the clock rate. Sensitive to TTL levels.
Word Clock output on 1x BNC connector. In Master mode, a TTL-compatible 44.1kHz Word Clock is available. In Universal Master Mode a 38.4kHz Word Clock is available for use with the Vivaldi Upsampler.
- Residual NoiseBetter than -113dB0 @ 20Hz-20kHz unweighted (6V Setting).
- L R CrosstalkBetter than -115dB0, 20-20kHz.
- Spurious ResponsesBetter than -105dB0 @ 20-20kHz.
- FiltersPCM mode: 4 filters give different trade-offs between the Nyquist image rejection and the phase response. 2 extra filters are available at 44.1, 176.4, 192, 352.8 and 384kS/s. DSD mode: 4 filters progressively reduce out-of-audio band noise level (inherent in the 1 bit nature of DSD), plus Filter 5 which has an improved transient response.
- Software UpdatesLoaded from CD-R via PCM inputs or PC via USB interface.
- Local ControldCS Premium Remote is supplied as standard. RS232 (controlled by the Vivaldi Upsampler / app or a third party device).
- Power SupplyFactory set for 100, 115, 220 or 230V AC, 50-60Hz.
- Power Consumption23 Watts typical/50 Watts maximum.